a month agoCelta Vigo midfielder Denis Suarez: Man City contract set up my family

first_imgCelta Vigo midfielder Denis Suarez: Man City contract set up my familyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveCelta Vigo midfielder Denis Suarez insists he enjoyed his time at Manchester City.Denis has been discussing his time in England.“At first it was fine. I got there and I went on pre-season with the first team to the United States, I debuted with the first team in the first round of cup when I was 17 years old and sportingly, I was doing well,” Suárez said.“Life was a little different, it cost my parents more because they didn’t speak English and they had trouble learning it.“The second year was a little long, also because I had been injured, and finally I decided to go to Barcelona.”The now 25-year-old also explained why he joined City in the first place.“My first decision was to stay here in the first team, but Celta did not contemplate that option.“Then I went to Manchester City because it was an important step for me, it was an important investment for the club, who at that time needed money. The contract [offered to me] at that time had my family’s life was fixed.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue Reading →

Photo/Videos: Struggling Oklahoma State Blows Out No. 3 Kansas, Fans Rush Court

first_imgOklahoma State fans rush the court after win.Twitter/@ESPNCBBAt this point, it feels like we have a huge upset and a court rush every night in college basketball. No. 3 Kansas was the victim tonight, falling to an Oklahoma State team that was just 9-8, and 1-4 in the Big 12 in Stillwater, 86-67. After the game, fans of the Pokes rushed the court in a big way.Down goes Kansas! What a week. pic.twitter.com/46vr4hqHo0— ESPN College BBall (@ESPNCBB) January 20, 2016They stormed the court anyway. Regardless, great win for the Pokes. They came to play. 86-67 victory. #OkState pic.twitter.com/KIyNCQsuK8— Sam Gannon (@SamGannon87) January 20, 2016Storm that court, Pokes! #okstate pic.twitter.com/hFFVoutUEc— Jessica Morrey (@JessicaMorrey) January 20, 2016Last night, Iowa State fans stormed the floor. Tonight, it was Oklahoma State. On the road in the Big 12, nobody’s safe.last_img read more

Continue Reading →

Trump turns Lauer firing into occasion to blast Fake News

first_imgWASHINGTON – President Donald Trump turned the firing of NBC’s Matt Lauer into a fresh opportunity to attack the press Wednesday, unleashing a series of cryptic and personal tweets aimed at prominent media figures.As many Americans were eating breakfast, the president swiftly responded to the abrupt dismissal of the longtime “Today” show host by condemning NBC News and its Philadelphia-based parent company, Comcast Corp. Trump said on Twitter: “Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for ‘inappropriate sexual behaviour in the workplace.’ But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News.”Trump then referenced the NBC News chairman, adding: “Check out Andy Lack’s past!” It was not immediately clear what that comment referred to. In another tweet, the president used Lauer’s firing to lash out at “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough and MSNBC President Phil Griffin.NBC declined to comment on Trump’s tweets. It announced Wednesday that it had terminated Lauer after receiving a “detailed complaint” from a colleague about sexual misconduct.Trump’s comment on “Fake News” was a reiteration of his long-standing complaints about mainstream news outlets that he contends have covered his presidency unfairly and inaccurately. Trump, who often deems stories that he doesn’t like to be fake news, has maintained an ongoing battle with the media.His latest tweets follow a spate of posts in recent days denigrating the press, including one in which he suggested a contest to determine “the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted” news organization. He added: “Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!”As a presidential candidate, Trump often criticized individual reporters by name at his massive, free-wheeling rallies. Wednesday’s tweets carried a sharply personal tone against a network that made Trump one of its biggest stars on “The Apprentice.”Speaking of Griffin, Trump tweeted that in light of Lauer’s departure, “when will the Fake News practitioners at NBC be terminating the contract of Phil Griffin?”Turning to Scarborough, Trump wrote: “And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the “unsolved mystery” that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!”The president may have been referring to the 2001 death of an employee for Scarborough when he was serving as a Republican congressman from Florida. The 28-year-old woman was found dead in the congressman’s district office. A doctor who performed her autopsy said she suffered an abnormal heart rhythm, and police said at the time there were no signs of foul play.Scarborough responded with his own tweet: “Looks like I picked a good day to stop responding to Trump’s bizarre tweets. He is not well.”Trump has had a running feud with Scarborough and his “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski. After the two questioned Trump’s mental stability on their show, Trump last summer issued a crude tweet questioning Brzezinski’s intelligence, looks and temperament.The president’s tweets seeking to undermine the media have been a mainstay of Trump’s first year in office. The latest examples come amid tension over an upcoming White House holiday party.CNN, which is among Trump’s favourite targets, announced Tuesday that the network’s reporters would not be attending Friday’s White House Christmas party, an annual tradition in which reporters and administration officials interact in a more relaxed setting.“In light of the president’s continued attacks on freedom of the press and CNN, we do not feel it is appropriate to celebrate with him as his invited guests,” the network said in a statement, adding that it intended to send “a White House reporting team to the event” to cover any news.White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded to the CNN announcement with a celebratory tweet, writing, “Christmas comes early! Finally, good news from @CNN.”Trump piled on, tweeting: “Great, and we should boycott Fake News CNN. Dealing with them is a total waste of time!”Journalists with The Associated Press also have been invited to the White House party. The news organization leaves it up to individual reporters to attend at their discretion.Over the weekend, Trump went after CNN International on Twitter, saying the network was “a major source of (Fake) news” outside the U.S. and complained that they “represent our Nation to the WORLD very poorly.”“The outside world does not see the truth from them!” he wrote.It was an especially pointed attack on a news organization that prides itself on its international coverage.CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer noted during Monday’s broadcast that the network’s reporters risk their lives across the globe on a daily basis. “No matter how many insults or blatant assaults on the press and its freedoms, this pursuit is something for which we will never bend or break and even the loudest critics can’t silence the facts,” he said.___On Twitter, follow Ken Thomas at @KThomasDC.last_img read more

Continue Reading →

City of Dawson Creek making emergency repairs to raw water line

first_imgUpdates will be provided on the City of Dawson Creek website and Facebook when conditions have changed.For more information on the emergency repair, you can visit the City of Dawson Creek’s website. DAWSON CREEK, B.C. – The City of Dawson Creek is advising residents that an emergency repair is being made to the raw water line.According to the City, starting on August 28, customers along the water line are expected to be out of water for the next few days.The City says City crews are working to repair the line prior to the weekend.last_img read more

Continue Reading →

CSK aim to break losing streak against Sunrisers

first_imgChennai: Having lost two matches in a row, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) would be under a bit of pressure when they take on in-form Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here on Tuesday. On Sunday, CSK faced a heart-wrenching one-run defeat against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). Chasing a “below par total” of 162, CSK lost their top four batsman inside the first four overs. It was only MS Dhoni, who single-handedly brought them into the match and kept their hopes alive till the last ball of the inning. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhDespite two consecutive losses, CSK still sit pretty at the top of the points table with 14 points from 10 games. However, they will like their top order to perform and secure a playoffs berth. But it will be a tough ask for them against SRH, who would be riding high on confidence after their comprehensive victory against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in Hyderabad. SRH, however, will be wary of the fact that Tuesday’s game would be the last match for their in-form opener Johnny Bairstow, who will be leaving to attend England’s training camp for the upcoming World Cup. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterBoth David Warner and Bairstow have scored the bulk of the runs for the SRH and their middle-order has not performed — a fact well known to them and their opponents. With five wins from nine games, the Kane Williamson-led side would want to continue with the winning momentum and move upwards in the points table. The last time these two teams met in the ongoing IPL, SRH had secured a convincing six-wicket win at their home ground.last_img read more

Continue Reading →

Shoji aware Lukaku is not the only threat in the Belgium

first_imgAhead of the last-16 clash between Japan and Belgium, defender Gen Shoji said he is up for the challenge and is well aware what exactly he needs to be prepared for.Even though Lukaku might be Shoji’s direct opponent in the fixture, he is not Belgium’s only attacking option. Eden Hazard and Dries Mertens are just some other names who could easily find the back of the net of Japan’s goal.“I do feel I will be faced with Lukaku quite a lot. In preparation of the match, I think I have to overcome him mentally,” Shoji said, according to FourFourTwo.“Yes, we are facing Belgium, a formidable foe, but I’d like to be mentally prepared.”Romelu Lukaku, Serie A, Inter MilanCapello calls Lukaku “a modern striker” Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The former Italian manager believes Romelu Lukaku is perfectly suited for Antonio Conte’s Internazionale Milan in the Serie A.Akira Nishino, manager of Japan, said he has already talked with Eiji Kawashima after some not normal mistakes the goalkeeper made in the group stage.“He’s a perfectionist,” Nishino said.“[After] the first and second matches, I actually had a chat with him, personally. His position, his play, we discussed for quite a long time. ”“He’s the only one who’s played as a goalkeeper in Europe. And he self-analysed his play very well.”last_img read more

Continue Reading →

Fred explains his adaptation to England

first_imgThe Manchester United footballer played in his native Brazil and in Ukraine, and this will be his first season in the English Premier LeagueFor Brazilian footballer, Fred, adapting to the English Premier League is not easy.But the Manchester United player is doing all he can to adapt quickly to his new competition and team.When asked about how his English is going, he said: “I managed to do some classes in Ukraine but people there didn’t really speak English. They spoke Russian so that’s what I learned there. I didn’t get to practice much English but now I’m here and I’m going to classes.”“I want to learn as quickly as possible because I know it will help me to integrate and adapt here. I already know a lot of sentences, many words – ‘How are you?’ I know how to communicate. I’m studying so hopefully I will be better in no time,” he said to the club’s official website.Roberto Firmino, LiverpoolVirgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.“The first time I got a car it felt really different to drive on the opposite side. In other countries it’s different and here the ‘right’ side seems weird.”“On the first day when I arrived during pre-season, I went to the training ground and they left a car for me to drive to the hotel. I had to figure it out and learn. Now it’s okay, I’ve adapted to that and slowly I will adapt even more,” he commented.Would he give his younger self any advice?“I don’t think I would give any advice. When we are kids we live without thinking about the consequences. We do things our own way, we make mistakes but those are all lessons to learn. If, when I was I, child, I hadn’t done the right and wrong things I’ve done I wouldn’t be here today.”last_img read more

Continue Reading →

Atletico Madrid manager responds to Thibaut Courtoiss comments

first_imgAtletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has responded to comments made by Thibaut Courtois after the Real Madrid goalkeeper criticized him.The Belgium international accused his former manager of constant attack against the European champions in order to boost his popularity amongst Atletico Madrid supporters.Courtois’s comments came after Croatia captain and Real Madrid teammate, Luka Modric accused Simeone of constantly trying to undermine the Los Blancos after the Argentine said either Antoine Griezmann or Raphael Varane should have won Ballon d’Or ahead of Luka Modric.Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of Atletico’s clash against Espanyol on Sunday, Simeone said, as quoted by Goal:Gerard Pique, Neymar, BarcelonaLa Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…“I’m very respectful with him,” he said of Courtois.“I don’t understand what he wanted to say.”Simeone’s Atletico Madrid are currently seated in third position in the Spanish LaLiga, two points ahead of Rivals Real Madrid after 16 round of matches.last_img read more

Continue Reading →

Top 10 idols to find place at revamped art gallery beside Rabindra

first_imgKolkata: As many as 10 idols that have attracted pandal-hoppers during Durga Puja this year, will find their place at the refurbished art gallery beside Rabindra Sarobar. This will not only provide an opportunity to those who could not make it to the pandals but also the art lovers, as they will be able to witness the same throughout the year.The outside of the main hall within the boundary walls of the gallery that has space for accommodating three idols, has already been occupied. The idols of Bhowanipore 75 Palli and Dum Dum Park have already made their way to their second address, while last year’s idol of Chetla Agrani has also been placed. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeSeven other idols will be placed on separate concrete structures inside the main hall. The idol of Behala Friends Club will reach on Monday and the idol of Bakulbagan in Bhowanipore will also find its place there. “The five other idols will be decided after the Pujo Carnival on Tuesday. It will take some more time to arrange the idols in a systematic manner. The gallery is expected to be thrown open for the public soon after Kali Puja,” a senior KMDA official said. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Mercedes car in Kolkata, 2 pedestrians killedIt may be mentioned that KMDA has given a major facelift to the gallery that was created in 2012 for preserving the best Durga idols. The gallery, a brainchild of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, preserves around 10 idols every year, which are replaced by new ones the following year. Some issues over maintenance had cropped up after 2016, following which the decision of facelifting it was taken. The work that involved around Rs 2 crore, was supervised by KMDA executive engineer Sudhin Nandy.last_img read more

Continue Reading →