Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer Malacañang open to creating Taal Commission Duterte’s ‘soft heart’ could save ABS-CBN, says election lawyer IT happens: Facebook sorry for Xi Jinping’s name mistranslation NBA eliminates timeouts to keep the ends of games moving MOST READ Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks PLAY LIST 01:40Filipinos turn Taal Volcano ash, plastic trash into bricks01:32Taal Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite It would also take him to 19 career majors and make him the oldest champion at Wimbledon in the Open era.“The plan was always to hopefully be strong later on in my career,” said Federer who will face Tomas Berdych in Friday’s semi-finals.“I don’t see myself playing better than a few years ago. I always hope to improve every year.“I’m just very happy that I’m still doing so well. Am I surprised? Maybe a little bit.”The contrast between Federer and Murray and Djokovic on Wednesday was impossible to ignore.ADVERTISEMENT Missile-capable frigate BRP Jose Rizal inches closer to entering PH Navy’s fleet Defending champion and world number one Murray lost in five sets to Sam Querrey of the United States, hobbled by a long-standing right hip injury.Djokovic, the three-time winner, quit after two games of the second set of his quarter-final against Berdych with a right elbow injury.Like Murray’s hip, the elbow problem plaguing Djokovic has been a constant menace for many seasons.It has got so bad that Djokovic admitted he is contemplating either surgery or even an extended break from the sport.Federer has already trimmed back his schedule, skipping the 2016 and 2017 French Opens which were won by Djokovic and Nadal.After losing to Raonic in the Wimbledon semi-finals last year, Federer shut down his season to rest a knee injury which had already required surgery earlier in 2016.He came back in January this year, won the Australian Open for his 18th Slam, added the Indian Wells-Miami Masters double before hibernating again through the claycourt season.“Once you hit 30, you’ve got to look back and think of how much tennis have I played, how much rest did I give my body over the years, how much training have I done, did I do enough, did I overdo it or not enough,” he explained.“It’s always calibrating the whole thing. For me it worked out. Sometimes the body and the mind do need a rest.” CBB It was his 100th match at the All England Club and the 50th Grand Slam quarter-final of his career.At 35, Federer is the second oldest man to reach the semi-finals after Ken Rosewall who finished runner-up in 1974 at the age of 39.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSEnd of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legendSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’READ: Djokovic ponders long break ‘for body and mind’With ‘Big Four’ rivals Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic suffering injury-hit exits on Wednesday and Rafael Nadal having lost in the fourth round, Federer is favourite to reclaim the Wimbledon title on Sunday and break the tie for seven he has shared with Pete Sampras since 2012. Marcosian mode: Duterte threatens to arrest water execs ‘one night’ View comments LATEST STORIES Switzerland’s Roger Federer, left, celebrates as he leaves the court after beating Canada’s Milos Raonic, right, at the end of their Men’s Singles Quarterfinal Match on day nine at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London Wednesday, July 12, 2017. APLONDON, United Kingdom — Roger Federer insists he is only slightly surprised to find himself tantalizingly within touching distance of a record eighth Wimbledon title despite his 36th birthday fast approaching.The Swiss star reached the Wimbledon semi-finals for the 12th time on Wednesday with a 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 (7/4) win over Milos Raonic.ADVERTISEMENT End of his agony? SC rules in favor of Espinosa, orders promoter heirs to pay boxing legend Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next 787 earthquakes recorded in 24 hours due to restive Taal Volcano LIVE: Sinulog 2020 Grand Parade Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
Alan Brazil and Ray Wilkins were joined on the show by Michael O’Neill, Jason McAteer, Carlton Cole and Sir Jackie Stewart to look back on a busy weekend of international football and motor racing.
For the past two months, over eighty young people from across South West Donegal have been busy rehearsing for the Bosco Centre’s production of “Caisleáin Óir the Musical”.Now, as opening night draws near, excitement is beginning to rise in advance of this beautiful, heart-warming and enchanting musical.This enchanting Irish musical is based on the novel “Caisleain Oir” by Séamus Ó Grianna. The beautiful Donegal tale was transformed into a dynamic and heart rending musical in 1998 when Donegal’s very own Leslie Long wrote the score and along with Kathleen Ruddy and Phil Dalton, created a new, vibrant and truly memorable musical (in the English language) out of “Máire’s úrscéal”. The story of Caisleáin Óir (“Castles of Gold”), as many people remember from their old school days, follows Séimí Gallagher and Babaí Mhairtín Freil on their journey through life.Set in rural Ireland at the turn of the 20th century, the play focuses on the childhood romance of Séimí and Babaí’ (Oisin Joyce and Hannah Doogan) and their pursuit of destiny.Director, Séimí Campbell, musical director, Eileen Carr and choreographers, Berni Canny and Kellie Coughlan, said that they are “very excited about this year’s production.”“I am lucky to have such a talented cast, hard-working production team and a wonderful script with beautiful music”, Séimí added. “Caisleáin Óir” runs next weekend, Friday 22nd – Monday 25th August, in the Bosco Centre, Donegal Town nightly at 7pm. Tickets can be pre booked through the Bosco Office on 0877846012 or on the door at €10 adult and €5 child.Séimí and Babaí….. will they end up together or will fate stop them? You will have have to go to find out by coming to this spectacular musical production! ‘CAISLEAIN OIR – THE MUSICAL’ HITS THE DONEGAL STAGE THIS WEEKEND was last modified: August 21st, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Caisleain OirDonegal TownJohn Bosco Centre
Construction on two city of Vancouver projects is set to begin Monday.New water and sewer main lines will be installed along Southeast Evergreen Highway between Southeast Ellsworth Road to Southeast 112th Avenue.At this point, work should begin on the east side and continue west. Paving will take place once favorable weather returns.While construction is underway, only one lane will remain. Drivers should watch for lane changes, construction crews and equipment. They should be prepared for possible delays of between 15 and 20 minutes.Crews will also upgrade the existing crosswalk at Southeast Evergreen Highway and Southeast 113th Avenue, which will now feature a pedestrian-activated, flashing yellow beacon and new ADA compliant curb ramps.Construction will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but could continue until 8 p.m. if deemed necessary.For more information about the project, email CityConstructionInfo@cityofvancouver.us or call 360-487-7750.