TagsTransfersAbout the authorChris BeattieShare the loveHave your say Steven Sessegnon delighted with new Fulham contractby Chris Beattie10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSteven Sessegnon has signed a new deal with Fulham.The 18-year-old has agreed a deal which keeps him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2022, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.Having come through the Academy since joining as an Under-9 alongside twin brother Ryan, Steven penned his first professional contract with Fulham last summer.“It feels very good,” Sessegnon told fulhamfc.com. “It’s something I’ve been working towards for the last few months and it feels amazing to get it done and over the line.“You could say the first [pro deal] was very special but this one has shown all the hard work I’ve done personally, not just with this Club but with international success as well. It is rewarding helping contribute to the progression of Fulham.“This can only motivate me to keep working harder. I will carry on doing as I am and keep on heading towards the next one.“Hopefully I can make my league debut very soon, but over time I need to keep working hard and knuckling down and see what happens.“You can’t rush this sort of thing. I’m going to take my chance, whenever it might come.“The Millwall game in the Carabao Cup was a great feeling for me. That was something I’m not used to, but one that will push me on, and spur me on in the future to achieve great things.”
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Sajadi appears in the film alongside Jabbari, the latter of whom plays the drama’s title character, an upper-class teen in Tehran whose relationship with her parents takes a severe turn after questions arise about her relationship with a local boy. The film, a co-production between Iran, Canada and Qatar, made its world premiere at TIFF on Friday night, and will continue to screen this Sunday and next Sunday for the public.“I was surprised to have this news and of course, so sad,” Foroughi told The Globe and Mail over email. “But now I am so much looking forward to our premiere here in the country where I live and love. What is important for me is all the supports and kindness Ava and I have received so far from the festival, especially from [TIFF programmers] Magali Simard and Steve Gravestock.”“The girls are so happy that we all care about them here,” she added. “Altogether, we are looking forward to our audience’s feedback.”Last week, Foroughi was announced as one of the 15 nominees for the 2017 Directors Guild of Canada Discovery Award. This year’s award winner will be announced at the annual DGC gala on Oct. 28.In 2014, Foroughi was at the centre of a dispute with Canadian customs officers, who seized an art installation that was shipped from Iran to Montreal. She eventually received a permit from Foreign Affairs to release her work, which was part of a federally subsidized art project. Advertisement Facebook As the new Iranian film Ava enjoys its debut at the TIFF this weekend, it will have to do so without the presence of its two stars.According to reports, the Canadian government denied travel visas to Iranian performers Shayesteh Sajadi, 18, and Mahour Jabbari, 17. Ava‘s director Sadaf Foroughi, an Iranian-born Canadian citizen, said her two young actors were denied entry after applying for a travel visa through Canada’s embassy in Turkey.According to a letter received by Sajadi and excerpted in The Hollywood Reporter, the government was not satisfied “that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.” A Globe and Mail request for comment from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has not been returned. Twitter Advertisement Advertisement Login/Register With: Director Sadaf Foroughi attends the Toronto International Film Festival announcement of their Canadian features for this year’s program in Toronto, Wednesday August 9 , 2017. – CHRIS YOUNG/THE CANADIAN PRESS
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – RCMP received a report on July 27, 2019, at approximately 4:40 of a robbery at the convenience store, located at 9607 100th Ave.Two masked thieves were reported to have used weapons to intimidate the store clerk, then fled the area after obtaining a large number of cigarette packages.The police are looking for any witnesses who may have seen the suspects flee the area or who may know who they are. The Fort St John RCMP continue to investigate and are asking anyone who has information about this incident or can assist in locating the suspects, please contact the Fort St John RCMP at 250-787-8100.Should you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at www.crimestoppersnebc.ca.
Kolkata: Kolkata Knight Riders assistant coach Simon Katich became the latest to join the bandwagon of coaches and players, who feel that standard of umpiring in the current season has left a lot to be desired. Though Katich was not forthcoming, he pointed out the contentious decision which went in favour of Delhi Capitals’ Shikhar Dhawan in Friday’s match against KKR. The southpaw, who survived a review on 11, went on to seal the match for the Capitals with an unbeaten 97. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over Chandigarh”I don’t want to get into trouble. I will give a stock standard answer: It’s a tough job. Obviously last night, there was a contentious one (Dhawan) and unfortunately it didn’t go away,” Katich in a roundabout manner said what he intended to. The ongoing edition of the IPL has had quite a few umpiring controversies so far leading to top players like Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli coming down heavily on the standard of umpiring. While Dhoni’s latest conduct has not been above board, Katich was all praise for his leadership skills and ability to take the game deep. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced later”It will be interesting to see what the master in Dhoni goes with tomorrow. He seems to pull the right strings at the right time. He is so well prepared. There’s a lot of thought put into the team. He’s very clever in the way he uses his bowlers, his field positions,” said Dhoni. “We got completely outplayed in Chennai. But we feel our team suits our wicket as well with the quality spinners we’ve got. Unfortunately, we didn’t adapt to the conditions in Chennai. We thought it was a 180-wicket and it took us probably four overs to realise that and the game was done and dusted.”
Chennai: Having lost two matches in a row, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) would be under a bit of pressure when they take on in-form Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at the MA Chidambaram Stadium here on Tuesday. On Sunday, CSK faced a heart-wrenching one-run defeat against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). Chasing a “below par total” of 162, CSK lost their top four batsman inside the first four overs. It was only MS Dhoni, who single-handedly brought them into the match and kept their hopes alive till the last ball of the inning. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhDespite two consecutive losses, CSK still sit pretty at the top of the points table with 14 points from 10 games. However, they will like their top order to perform and secure a playoffs berth. But it will be a tough ask for them against SRH, who would be riding high on confidence after their comprehensive victory against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in Hyderabad. SRH, however, will be wary of the fact that Tuesday’s game would be the last match for their in-form opener Johnny Bairstow, who will be leaving to attend England’s training camp for the upcoming World Cup. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterBoth David Warner and Bairstow have scored the bulk of the runs for the SRH and their middle-order has not performed — a fact well known to them and their opponents. With five wins from nine games, the Kane Williamson-led side would want to continue with the winning momentum and move upwards in the points table. The last time these two teams met in the ongoing IPL, SRH had secured a convincing six-wicket win at their home ground.
New Delhi: Foreign portfolio investors can now invest in municipal bonds, markets regulator Sebi said in a circular Wednesday. The circular comes almost two weeks after the Reserve Bank of India permitted FPIs to invest in municipal bonds as a measure to broaden access of non resident investors to debt instruments in the country.As per the RBI, foreign investment in municipal bonds should be within the limits set for FPI investment in State Development Loans (SDLs). The limits for FPI investment in SDLs is 2 per cent of outstanding stock of securities. All other existing conditions for investment by FPIs in the debt market remain unchanged, the central bank had said in a circular on April 25. In 2017, Sebi eased rules on issuance of municipal bonds in order to boost such bond market. It allowed municipalities with surplus in their books in three immediately preceding financial years to issue public debt securities.